How to Style a Leopard Print Coat
Do yourself a favor and get a leopard print coat this winter! This is that one print which will always stay in style and will keep coming back into our lives in different forms, colors and shapes again and again! But just as any other animal prints through time, it has proven to go from high fashion to low-class as it can easily get overused or start to look tacky or cheap when the design is not right.
So, here are a couple tips on styling a leopard print coat:
- The print is technically made out of neutral colors so mixing it with like-colors or earthy tones will complement the print patterns of the garment.
- As it was intended to make the dangerous animals blend in, it sure makes the women wearing it stand out, so if the jacket is the central piece of the outfit, wear something more basic underneath like black or white to keep it clean and classy.
- Or you can also go in the "throwback" direction and style it to imitate an era in which leopard print was most popular in, like 60s, 70s or 80s and put your own spin on it to make sure you feel comfortable in the outfit and don't go over the top.
- Leopard print reads luxury so wearing it over silk or paired with gold jewelry will add a little extravagant touch to your outfit.
- Leopard is a very daring print but it was adopted in the fashion world to make you stand out and give you the chance to break free and explore the wild side so make sure you own it and feel confident wearing it!
Happy New Years to you all!
Coat - Charles Gray (London)
Top - Calvin Klein
Shorts – Love Culture
Tights - FOREVER 21
Booties – CAPE ROBBIN - Olive Women's Paw-1 High Heel Ankle Boot